Don’t you hate being full of a cold? I do and the only way to combat it is with a dose of funky house music. Ok, well I’m sure a doctor might just prescribe paracetamol and plenty of water and rest but this is Dr. DJ Cruze talking! I prescribe funky music for most things! 😉
I decided to go for something a little less commercial and add more vocals to the mix this time. I’ve not done a funky mix in a while so I thought I’d give you a nice little warm up mix. Stick it on before you go out or perhaps when you get back in after a big night out and enjoy the funky vibes. I know it’s unfashionable to admit it but I love the Simply Red track. Grant Nelson gives us a fantastic dub version with only sparse use of Mick Hucknall’s soulful voice. Sometimes it’s better just to judge a track on merit and not think about who the track is actually by!
Enjoy the tunes and turn it up loud!
- Mutya Buena – Real Girl (Moto Blanco Dub Remix) – Island Records
- Sanny X – Higher (Davide Loi Funky House Remix) – White
- Nate James – High Times (Danny S Club Mix) – Frofunk
- Vee Scott – Gimme Your Love (Bob Roberts Mix) – UMM
- Jazztronik – Samurai (Redsoul Edit) – Pantone
- Chris Lake – Carry Me Away (Original Club Mix) – Rising Music
- Soul Corporation – Let’s Go Together (Original Vocal Mix) – Brass
- Simply Red – Stay (Grant Nelson Dub) – Simplyred.com
- Freemasons – Atlantic Pacific – Loaded
- Outwork feat. Mr Gee – Elektro (Joey Negro Club Mix) – Defected