Sunday, August 24th 2008, 10:44 pm
What a terrible month August has been. A couple of days of sun and plenty of rain. It’s horrible. So what better way to kick out the UK’s “summer” than episode #42 of the DJ Cruze podcast!
I’ve got another hour of funky and chunky house tunes for you to get your rumps shaking to! I thought I’d kick off this week’s show with some darker electro tunes that I’ve been enjoying over the past month. Thomas Gold gives us a moody remix of Morgan Page’s new track “Call My Name”. Next up is the Ian Carey remix of David Rubato’s “Deep Inside” which is one of Ian’s electro house mixes which he’s been churning out recently. We then have Sweden’s Dumb Dan on the remix of an apparently famous rock track (I believe) by Nerved.
As you can see from this week’s tracklisting there are loads of remixes from the German production duo Spencer & Hill. Their remixes of Moby, R.I.O. and Giant Jr are rocking my box this month and I’m sure they will bring us even more funky house tunes before the end of the year. Also, check out the Young Punx remix of Giant Jr’s “I Want To Be Evil” if you like your dirty electro. It’s another wicked remix.
Two of the biggest tunes in my box this month are Platnum’s “Love Shy” remixed by the Soul Avengerz and Fred Falke’s remix of “Music Talking” by The Montanas and Roland Clark. The first is a massive piano driven remake of the old Kristine Blond classic. Then we’ve got a remix by my favourite producer at the moment, Fred Falke. He turns the track “Music Talking” into a French disco monster. When the bassline drops the crowd goes wild! A HUGE track!!
Next upI’ve got a new Dabruck & Klein remix of “What A Wonderful World” by Axwell & Bob Sinclar. This original version of this track caused quite a bit of comment on my blog as it was a love it or hate it track. This new version takes is down the electro house route and I think it works well. Finally we’ve got a DJ Cruze classic in the shape of “Into My Heart” by 6 by Six. I used to play both the original mix and also this bumping, piano remix by Grand Larceny. A classic which I’m sure the people who remember the party days at Vibration Club will remember!
If you enjoy the show then get in touch and tell me what you think or want a shout out. Also, why not consider donating some money so that I can cover the costs of producing the show. With the amount of downloads I have, it’s not cheap! And finally, don’t forget to comment on the show below and tell me what you think.
Get the podcast here:
Here is the tracklisting for the show:
- DJ Cruze big tunes:
- [00:00:00] Morgan Page – Call My Name (Thomas Gold Remix) – Nettwerk
- [00:06:41] David Rubato feat Manda Djinn – Deep Inside (Ian Carey Remix) – Gut Recordings
- [00:11:54] Nerved – I Love U (Dumb Dan Club Mix) – MMS Records
- [00:17:40] Moby – Disco Lies (Spencer & Hill Remix) – Mute
- [00:23:22] R.I.O. – Shine On (Spencer & Hill Remix) – 4th & Broadway
- [00:28:37] Platnum – Love Shy (Soul Avengerz Remix) – Hard 2 Beat
- [00:34:34] The Montanas & DJ Roland Clark – Music Talking (Fred Falke Remix) – Strictly
- [00:41:46] Giant Jr – I Want To Be Evil (Spencer & Hill Remix) – White
- [00:45:44] Axwell & Bob Sinclar feat Ron Carroll – What A Wonderful World (Dabruck & Klein Mix) – Defected Records
- Cruze classic from 1996:
- [00:52:03] 6 by Six – Into My Heart (Grand Larceny Remix) – 6×6 Records
The image is based on a terrible Korg VC-10 vocoder advert as uploaded to Flickr by bdu! It made me laugh a lot whilst searching for “Music Talking” so I had to use it! 😉