Time for another hour of funky and chunky house music from the crates of the DJ Cruze studio with episode #54 of the DJ Cruze Podcast. This show is another great one and this month I’ve gone on more of a disco tip to start off. It seems like the disco cut-up is back in fashion with some awesome tunes from the likes of Fake Blood (aka DJ Touche), Duck Sauce (aka Armand Van Helden and ex DMC World Champion DJ A-Trak), Tee Sky and Ou Est La Swimming Pool.
Kicking off the show is a track which I really can’t get out of my head. It came out a couple of months ago but Boy 8-Bit’s “Baltic Pine” is a huge track in that folk-house vein which was popular last year. Lovely skippy drums and a cheeky sample make it a winner for me. Fake Blood gives us his massive “Fix Your Accent” EP and I couldn’t resist sticking two of the tracks from it in the mix as Touche is an awesome producer.
There are some fantastic non-disco tracks in the mix too in case it all gets too 90s for you! Wolfgang Gartner is back with another dirty slice of electro house with his new track “Fire Power”. There’s a massive new tune from top German house producer Eddie Thoneick featuring Andy P on vocals. We’ve also got the huge track “How Soon Is Now” from David Guetta, Sebastian Ingrosso and Dirty South. It’s a massive electro house track with a huge breakdown. After that I’ve got the Chris Lake remix of “San Francisco” by Italian producer Lys which I didn’t manage to squeeze onto last month’s podcast. It takes a while to build up but the breakdown is huge!
The penultimate track is something a bit different for the podcast. It’s Phonat’s dubstep remix of the Sharooz track “Adrenalize”. The original track is a huge, pumping electro house track but it didn’t quite do it for me and the Phonat mix, although not strictly a house tune, just hit the spot for me. It’s something a bit different so let me know if you’re feeling the track or not.
The Cruze Classic this month takes me back to my breakbeat roots with the 1991 breakbeat classic “Way In My Brain” by SL2. It was always a massive track when I dropped it down to that big, dubby bassline and awesome synth stabs. An awesome track!
I hope you like the tracks on this month’s show and don’t forget to comment below and tell me what you think of them.
Get the latest podcast here:
Here is the tracklisting for the show:
- DJ Cruze big tunes:
- [00:00:00] Boy 8-Bit – Baltic Pine (Original Mix) – This Is Music Ltd.
- [00:05:39] Fake Blood – Fix Your Accent (Original Mix) – Cheap Thrills
- [00:09:50] Duck Sauce – Anyway – Fools Gold Records
- [00:14:38] Fake Blood – I Think I Like It (Original Mix) – Cheap Thrills
- [00:19:19] Tee Ski & Shab Ruffcut – Iran (His Majesty Andre Is Very Lazy Mix) – ESP Records
- [00:23:15] Ou Est Le Swimming Pool – Dance The Way I Feel (Armand Van Helden Club Mix) – Stiff Records
- [00:28:03] Wolfgang Gartner – Fire Power (Original Mix) – Kindergarten
- [00:33:46] Eddie Thoneick feat. Andy P – Love Under Pressure (Eddie Thoneick Remix) – Tonik Recordings
- [00:38:09] David Guetta, Sebastian Ingrosso and Dirty South feat. Julie McKnight – How Soon Is Now (Extended Version) – F**k Me I’m Famous
- [00:44:18] Lys feat. Mooli – San Francisco Rain (Chris Lake Remix) – Rising Music
- [00:51:04] Sharooz – Adrenalize (Phonat Deconstructive Mix) – Mofo Hifi Records
- Cruze classic from 1991:
- [00:56:00] SL2 – Way In My Brain – XL Recordings